July 2, 2010

A Mexican Night at Home

I hate to bore you with more recipes, but this another one to pass on!

I love Martha Stewart.  While her recipes can be involved and tedious they are very good.  Last night I made Martha Stewart's Spicy Fajitas with steak, but I imagine you could make this with chicken or your choice of meat.  It is very simple and I used only one pan.  I also served refried bean and Mexican rice.

-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon coriander
-coarse salt and ground pepper
-1 pound skirt steak, cut into 3-4 pieces
-2 red bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed, sliced thinly
-1 red onion, halved and sliced thinly
-1 to 2 jalapeno chiles, ribs and seeds removed, sliced thin lengthwise (I omitted these)
-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
-8 flour tortillas
-sour cream, cheese, lime wedges for serving

Combine cumin, coriander, two teaspoons coarse salt and one-half teaspoon ground pepper.  Rub all over steaks.  Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat; add steaks.  Cook two to four minutes per side for medium-rare.  Transfer to cutting board and tent with aluminum foil.  Allow to rest for five minutes minimum.  Reduce heat to medium; add bell peppers, chiles and onion; season with salt and pepper.  Cook, stirring occasionally until crisp, approximately eight to ten minutes.  Stir adding lime juice.  Slice steaks thinly.  Warm tortillas in microwave.  Serve with vegetables.  Enjoy!

I also served a red Sangria with it, but that recipe deserves its own post!

xxoo, Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment