May 27, 2010

Manicure, anyone?

I don't know about you, but I personally love summer time. The weather is perfect for dresses, skirts, and tanks (all Lilly P., of course!).  But this weather also calls for manicure and pedicures.  While I don't get my nails professionally done weekly, I do try to paint my nails regularly.  With that, I have acquired a nice little collection of polishes.  Here are some of my new summer favorites! 

Flower to flower (below) is from OPIs Summer Flutter collection.  I love this shade pink and there is just a little shimmer in it.  If you look at the others from this collection they are loaded in glitter.  I'm not a fan of such.  Flower to flower is perfect for toes and fingers.  I can't wait to pick it up! 



(http://www.alllacqueredup.com/)

Rumple’s Wiggin’ (from OPIs Shrek Forever After collection) is a perfect light shade of purple.  This color is subtle and will look good with most anything.  I would wear it on my fingers only though.  It is too light for my toes. 

(http://www.alllacqueredup.com/)

My last favorite is OPIs Quarter of a Cent-Cherry.  While it is not new (a 2007 collection, I think) it is one on my recent favorites.  You can never go wrong with a good red.  This is not too dark for summer. But it's not too pink-y.  I could wear this on my toes and finger.  
(http://www.amazon.com)


I lean towards OPI polish for a few reasons.  I love the names of their colors and the quality is superb.  I also like the pro-wide brush.  While OPI tends to be a little more pricey, it is definetely worth it.  They last sometime as does a manicure with OPI polish.  When I go to a new salon, it is one of the first things I check for.  What are your must have polishes for summer? 


xxoo, Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment