November 11, 2010

Veterans Day


Bet you didn't know when spelling Veterans to leave out the apostrophe. Neither did I, until recently. The United State government has declared Veterans as the correct spelling.

Veterans Day is a federal holiday to honor military veterans. Both of my grandfathers are veterans. They don't put much emphasis on the holiday but this holiday is important. School-age kids don't really understand the meaning of the day, other than they don't have school. It is important to teach and remind them why we have this holiday.

I probably forget to thank my grandfathers yearly (I'm usually away at school and forget - bad!), but I do think about them and appreciate everything they did for my country and freedom.

Take a minute out of your day to thank the Veterans around you. This is a day to be patriotic and show your support!

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment