June 29, 2011

Mexican Pasta Salad

I went to the grocery store today with my Mom when she suggested an old favorite recipe, Mexican Pasta Salad. I grabbed the ingredients on the way out (I could recall those) but I was unsure of the measurements. I googled to see what I could find and this recipe is pretty close, enough to make it work. I like that this pasta salad is different than the typical pasta salad.

This is what we came up with:

1 box shell pasta, I used Dreamfields elbows 
1 jar salsa, any
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise 
Garlic salt, to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
pepper, to taste

1.  Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and rinse.
2.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to coat.
3.  Chill approximately one hour and serve.

Personally I enjoy it more when its warm. 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Bookmarking now!

    I'm having a Scotch Natruals nail polish giveaway if you'd like to enter, just click here

    ReplyDelete