April 5, 2013

Beauty Bag Finds

I am far from a beauty expert and on any given day I am only wearing mascara and lipstick or gloss. After spending hours browsing The Beauty Department and taking my new found must have list to the drug store (because lets face it, I'm not spending money for designer name just to try it out and we don't have a real Sephora, just a little stand inside JCPenney), here's what I left with: 
Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner $7
I set out for an invisible lip liner, well apparently Sally Hansen is the only drugstore brand that has a clear lip liner. And I can really tell a difference when I put my lipstick on. The line is more perfect if that makes sense. 

Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker Lip Gloss $7 on drugstore.com (but I think it was $12 at CVS)
Okay, so apparently I am really late to the game because intuitive lipsticks and glosses have been around a couple of years. I remember seeing Smashbox O-Gloss a couple years ago, but I never knew what it was. Well lets just say this stuff is the B-O-M-B! In short, it warms up to your ideal color. Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker comes in a Pink, Light Pink and Peach. I picked the pink and holy moly, my lips are pink! So I tried it out on my grams and my boss. Grams was a lighter pink and my boss lady was more of a red. Even better, this wand has a light! So now every beauty counter I pass I try the intuitive lip colors. I definitely have my eye on a few others!


About a mintue inbetween the pictures

A ligt and a mirror!!

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base $12.95
In simple terms this is an anti-shine mattifier. TBD suggested this for a more budget-friendly option to Mally's Poreless Face Defender. Well Mally's is $40 and I have not a clue where to even buy Mallys. I just dab it with a sponge on my T-zone and my chin. It seems to work well.

Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller $11.69 on drugstore.com
Well this find is credited to my my friend that works in cosmetics at Walgreens. I was really looking for a lilac eyeliner pencil and well, thats a little to fancy for drugstores I suppose. (I did find my lilac eyeliner and it really does work! My eyes are brighter with just a little liner.) TBD told me it would make my eyes brighter and cancel out the yellow and was perfect for those of us who don't wear makeup. She said I was crazy and didn't need it but I really wanted something to try this. This stuff is a-w-e-s-o-m-e! Coffee helps to de-puff and the coverage is just enough. Better than any other eye concealer I've bought.


And with that, I guess you could say I'm back! I will try to do a much better job updating more consistently.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment