October 19, 2010

What did I do this Summer?

(I know its a few months late, but better late than never?)

Since I let blogging slip at the end of the summer, I thought I would update ya'll on what kept me so busy!

The first part of the summer, I took classes. I really didn't need to take classes, but what I am looking at for graduate school had a few recommended classes. I have pretty much taken all the classes possible, but I added one more to the list. So I stayed in College Town, USA, because Lord knows you can't take these classes at the community college. I also find it easier to continue going to school, rather than breaking and coming back for the second part of summer.

I finished classes, packed up and booked it out of town. I love where I am from. Going away to school, I realized how lucky I was to grow up in a tight-knit area with the same friends all the way through high school (a few all the way from nursery school). Don't get me wrong, I love going away to school, having different friends and exploring new areas. But I realized how much I love my low-key, relaxing area. Where I'm from no one is in a hurry. The town shuts down by eight. And I love it. Going out to the clubs and/or bars and getting really dressed up isn't my thing.

I was supposed to study for an admissions exam this summer and that didn't happen. As well as, applying to professional school. Oops! Don't worry, it is still happening, just not when I planned on it.

I also had a BIG birthday! Big as in legal, not a huge party. My birthday was low-key (just like my town!) We enjoyed breakfast downtown at a little cafe. I love their breakfast. Then we shopped around! Of course, we visited my favorite store! I suggested we go there for my sister, because I wanted her to wear something she felt special in. I already knew what I was wearing. Let's just say we spent a lot there! We got ready and joined my grandparents at a steakhouse for dinner. I had a few cocktails of my own and sampled all the ones at the table. It was a long three hour dinner, but the food is SO worth it!

I spent the rest of the summer catching up with friends. Some days spent by the pool, or pool hopping! Others spent shopping and relaxing. I hung out with people I knew from high school but weren't really friends with. I had a blast! There was also boy drama (LOTS!) in such a short period of time. I found a new favorite drink, and enjoyed these many of nights!

Eight weeks flew-by having so much fun. I had to make the drive back to College Town, USA before I knew it! This was the first time, I was home for much of the summer! I had a hard time saying bye!



xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment